Team Lead – NVH CAE
₹25,000- ₹30,000 per month
Scope of Role
The Lead Engineer is responsible for delivering NVH CAE projects to customer by guiding and mentoring a team size of about 4 to 5 team members. He is responsible for understanding the customer requirements in details and deliver to his satisfaction.
Area of Responsibility
Knowledge / Experience – 6 to 12 years preferably in automotive application
This position is primarily responsible to lead design and development projects from automotive domain to meet customer specific targeted performance for OEMs/ Tier 1 and 2 suppliers. You will have responsibility for:
- Performing baseline NVH simulations, root cause analysis, summarize results with issues identifications and alternative design solutions to meet project targets.
- He needs to make use of various CAE tools to support design confirmation, test support and test-to-CAE correlation.
- Regular interaction with the Project Team Leader, Liaison Engineer and Component Module Leaders in an efficient manner to give conclusive feedback and design recommendations.
- Awareness of potential design constraints (packaging, manufacturing etc.) and ensure due consideration is given in developing solutions.
- He/she should lead a team size of 4 to 5 CAE NVH Engineers.
- Under supervision from CAE Project Manager / senior technical specialist, he is responsible for planning and scheduling for effective utilization of resources for successful projects executions and delivery with highest quality standards as agreed upon with end customer.
- He/she is expected to be innovative in the processes used for execution in order to enable reduction of man hours efforts required to execute a particular task as well as reduce mistakes in the simulation by way of use of automation tools and overall leading to an increase in productivity.
- Prepare project plan from NVH Analysis perspective, resource allocation and ensure the delivery of project on/before time, meeting quality criteria as mandated by the CAE Project Leader / Liaison Engineer
- Update Project task tracker and quality checklist
- Communicate with CAE Project leader/ Liaison Engineer on progress status of the project he or she is assigned to.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership to his team analyst for delivering the CAE projects which are used by testing department to validate the design.
- Review the analysis task performed by team members and give suggestions
- Mentor new team members on technical skills as part of their job training
- Should have minimum 9600 hours work experience in any CAE Pre-and Post-processor, Preferably Hyper mesh/ ANSA/ Nastran / Optistruct or any other reverent CAE tools.
- Experience in analysis and post processing of full vehicle level trim BIW Analysis and sub system level Modal Analysis and NTFs/VTFs.
- Past experience in providing BIW / closures related counter measures and design suggestions. Knowledge of optimization techniques and processes.
- Experience in CAE to test co-relation, vehicle target settings and refinements as per latest automotive trends.
- Theoretical knowledge of finite element analysis. Good communication, report writing, technical documentation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of different regulatory and non-regulatory requirements.
- Preference for cross domain basic knowledge of NVH and Durability.
- Should have handled projects with minimum team size of 3 or more.
- BE/B. Tech or ME/M.Tech in Mechanical/Production/ Automotive Engineering