Design Engineer - Exterior - Catia V5/V6
6 months -5 years
Industry Type: Automobile Functional Area: Exterior trims plastic Engineering Design & Development.
Scope of Role
Senior Design Engineer is responsible for exterior trims product development and details product design according to standards and guidelines. Translate defined product design performance criteria in CAD data & specifications.
Area of Responsibility
- This position is responsible for new design and development of exterior trims like Bumpers, Wheel arch liners, Cladding, Undertray, Cowl vent grill, Canopy parts, Roof rail finishers, Spoiler etc. Should be able to produce engineering design and concepts into 3D model using CATIA V5/V6.
- Complete ownership of Design and development of exterior trim , Create Master sections considering Tooling Feasibilities leading and progressing the design in line with the program timescales and deliverable cadence 3D& 2D (CATIA V5/V6)â€¢Ensure Standard methodologies are followed to meet Regulatory, Safety & Quality requirements.
- To be able to assign and get the work done from team members effectively. Should able to lead the design re views with cross functional teams & lead engineers. Adequate knowledge of plastic moulding and design process, DFMEA, DVP, DFA/DFM
- Knowledge of GD&T, component drawings, Standards and Guidelines etc.
- Ensuring that the all project deliverables is met at give n time with Dashboard document. Identifying all risks of the programme and make appropriate capitalization documents (Lessons learned, Technical Reports) to feed/improve Design and Development standards and guidelines.
Knowledge / Experience Essential
- Automotive product engineering experience required specifically in automotive Exterior trim system and component design Extensive experience in using CATIA V5/V6, , Teamcenter, Enovia Excellent oral and written communication skills Good Knowledge of and/or training in Global Exterior trim regulations (Knowhow of Indian standards will be an added advantage) Plastic injection moulding pro cesses (both tooling and design) Exterior parts specific manufacturing requirement Design and development knowledge of exterior trim such as Bumpers, Wheel arch liners, Cladding, Cowl vent grill, Canopy parts, Roof rail finishers, Spoiler etc. Working knowledge of project delivery processes.
- Working experience with global OEM cross functional teams will be an added advantage. Should be good Team player with positive attitude & good approach.
- Following are the added advantages Agile & Scrum methodology of working Multi tool skills, more than one CAD software experience Exposure to NAO/Europe Automotive Customer Specifications & Standards, legal requirement Exposure to major OEM design standards like Bill of Design, Design rules etc.
- CAD software
- cadence 3D& 2D (CATIA V5/V6)
Unlock Meaningful Connections
and Powerful Engagement
Networking That Goes Beyond Your Connections