Engineer – CAE NVH
₹25,000- ₹30,000 per month
Scope of Role
The CAE engineer NVH performs Finite Element (FE) calculations for NVH Domain to assist in the design of a product or to verify and validate a product design and to meet the regulatory/OEM requirements. As part of performing the NVH calculations, the CAE engineer may also build and assemble the mesh model of the component that is being analysed. The CAE engineer NVH analyses the results of NVH Analysis calculations to arrive at a set of engineering conclusions and recommendations related to the product design or design verification.
Area of Responsibility
This position is responsible for carrying out NVH Loadcases by performing CAE simulations.
He or She is expected to be innovative in the processes used for execution in order to enable reduction of efforts required to execute a particular task as well as reduce mistakes in the finished product by way of use of automation tools and overall leading to an increase in productivity.
- He/she should be able to perform executable task with minimum 20 % supervision. The CAE NVH engineer under supervision from CAE team leader is responsible for completing the task assigned to him or her within the agreed-upon schedule and adhering to all quality norms as mandated for the project.
- He/she is expected to be innovative in the processes used for execution in order to enable reduction of efforts required to execute a particular task as well as reduce mistakes in the finished product by way of use of automation tools and overall leading to an increase in productivity.
- He/she should be able to build sub systems meshed model as per NVH specific customer requirements, Model integrations, perform NVH analysis, post processing FEA results.
- He/she should be able to meet quality and schedule timeline criteria as agreed with NVH CAE team leader and customer.
- He/she should communicate with CAE team leader on day to day progress status of the project
- He/she should mentor new team members on technical skills as part of their job training from NVH Perspective
- Provide guidance and technical leadership to CAD modeler for product development and packaging
He/she is expected to communicate regularly with his team leader regarding progress of the tasks and completion of individual milestones that are associated with that project
Knowledge / Experience – 1 to 6 years. Minimum 2 years in CAE preferably in automotive application
- Should have minimum 2500 Hours work experience in any CAE Pre-and Post-processor, Preferably Hyper mesh/ ANSA/ Nastran/ Optistruct or any other reverent CAE tools including.
- Experience in meshing BIW & plastic parts for NVH Analysis.
- Experience in model built and assembly for BIW / Closures / Engine/ Power-train / Suspension / Interiors from NVH domain prospective.
- Experience in analysis and post processing of at least 1 full vehicle or sub system level modal analysis load case without any supervision.
- Theoretical knowledge of finite element analysis. Good communication, report writing, technical documentation and presentation skills.
BE/ B. Tech in Mechanical / Automobile Engineering from a recognized university.