Design Engineer - Interior - Catia V5/V6
Area of Responsibility
- This position is responsible for establishing, planning and running the engineering sub system meetings to ensure appropriate cross functional representation and input from all relevant areas.
- You will have responsibility for Ensure progression of design maturity from initial concept through to Engineering Sign-Off and design gateways.
- Establishing and maintain the team work plan aligned to vehicle programme Ensure sub-system meets Cost and weight Target Ensure Regulatory compliance of Sub system.
- Define appropriate system-level engineering targets to meet function, quality and attribute requirements of the Vehicle Programme Develop and maintain the design validation plan (DVP) including both in-house and supplier testing plan and ensure development signoff tests are completed on schedule Troubleshoot and resolve all Validation issue Develop System Design Specifications incorporating engineering standards, test procedures and material specifications Lead Failure Mode Avoidance activities including DFMEA, quality history reviews development tests.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation a s per ISO & quality standards.
- Lead the resolution of design, attribute or packaging incompatibilities through the appropriate cross-functional meetings.
- Support Purchasing team in Sourcing and RFQ activities. Support vehicle launch and pre-production builds (both virtual and physical) Ensuring the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery Essential Proven project management capability demonstrated by recent delivery in line with time, Cost, quality & attribute targets Proven experience in development and/or integration of at least one and preferably more on Cabin Trim (Headliner Systems, Pillar Trim, Carpet & Load space trim, etc.)â€¢Engineering knowledge of defined component(s) / system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements, Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels Liaise with supplier, Manufacturing, CAE& Validation Teams.
- PC Literacy: Microsoft Project, Power Point, Excel, Word etc.
- CAD Literacy: Ability to generate CAD data and Master sections in CATIA V5/NX.
Significant experience in use of engineering tools FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc. Successful history of delivery within the automotive sector.
BE/B. Tech in Mechanical/Production/ Automotive Engineering
- Six Sigma
- Microsoft Project
- Power Point
- Word etc
- CATIA V5/NX
Unlock Meaningful Connections
and Powerful Engagement
Networking That Goes Beyond Your Connections