Scope of Role
Candidate is responsible for generating CATIA/ Creo chassis aggregates CAD concepts/ solutions for ongoing and new projects for chassis.
Area Of Responsibility
- This position is responsible for creation of CATIA CAD geometry and Drawings in support of various chassis projects. You will have responsibility for:
- Very highly skilled to Carry out 3D modelling, 2D drawings, assembly in Catia-V5 / Creo(Module Surfacing, assembly, drafting, kinematics, DMU etc.)
- Good knowledge of GD&T
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes like casting, forging, sheet metal.
- DMU management, integrating vehicle systems & project coordination with various teams.
- Conceptualise & detailed design, benchmarking of chassis frame, suspension, brake, steering systems to meet cost, weight & functional targets
- Reviewing existing benchmarking data and obtaining new data as required.
- Responsible for CAD sign-off, BOM creation/ management, requirement compliance.
- Conduct/ participate regular design reviews and escalate issues requiring help to management.
- Verification of the detail designs for prototype building.
- Utilizes technical skills and design experience to plan, organize and lead.
- Co-ordinate design activities.
- Ensure quality of the CAD design, drawings & speed of delivery.
- Workout modularisation & standardisation proposals.
- Technical documentation & design change analysis.
- Extensive experience in using CATIA V5/ Creo
- Good all round design skills which must include past experience of working on at least one of aggregates like frame, steering, suspension, brakes, fuel system, exhaust etc.
- Team Centre Engineering (TCE)/PLM
- Engineering knowledge of defined component(s) / system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements